Ainda nas aulinhas de inglês...

“They say life begins at forty
Age is just a state of mind
If all that's true
You know that I've been dead for thirty-nine

And if life begins at forty
Well, I hope it ain't the same
It's been tough enough without that stuff
I don't wanna to be born again.” (John Lennon, The life begins at 40)

“Forty is the old age of youth; fifty the youth of old age.” (Victor Hugo)

Despite the pessimism of John Lennon (he would be in a midlife crisis?) and Victor Hugo's sentence 40 years of age are at an advanced age, several reasons make me optimistic about my age.

It seems padoxal but even feeling the weight of age, in a way, I never felt so good about myself, with such vitality as now. It may be that to happen because I did not feel nor appear the age I am. The elixir of youth may also be in the beginning that life imposed me a few years ago, dreaming dreams previously unthinkable, dreaming up new things. Also, my dreams and ambitions are more concrete than those I had in 20. 

However, this life that begins at 40 gives me a certain insecurity. I look around and many people in this age already have their solid careers, their own home, your family. In addition to the eyes of judgment of others for my condition than forty years, the time it runs, it does not stop, corner seems every day. At this point, I remember what I'm doing, what I still have to perform like I had eternity. This may sound naive, but this is maturity (???). Maturity makes me face the fear paralyze me before, and I know that bogeyman does not exist. 

And if the 50 is the youth of old age, so I'm a little girl.




P.S.: texto adaptado de uma homework proposta pelo professor depois de debatermos um texto sobre pessoas que planejam para se aposentar aos 40 anos. 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Pratos partidos

Pelo amor de Kafka!

AF/ DF